2-Port PCI Express FireWire Card lets you add two native FireWire 400 ports to your desktop PC, allowing you to connect IEEE 1394A FireWire devices such as digital cameras, external hard drives, DV camcorders, and more.
When two devices are simultaneously connected, this PCIe FireWire adapter reduces performance bottlenecks by offering support for data transfer rates up to 400Mbps to each port. The FireWire card employs dual-bus architecture to provide the maximum bandwidth to each individually connected device, rather than sharing the bandwidth across multiple ports.
An ideal solution for transferring large volumes of data at once, the FireWire card also integrates a native PCIe single chipset design. With no secondary bridge chipset, your FireWire devices communicate quicker with your PC to ensure seamless operation of your connected peripherals.
For broad compatibility, the FireWire card is natively supported in Windows® with no additional drivers required, is equipped with a standard profile bracket, and includes a low-profile/half-height bracket for installation in small form-factor computers.
Compliant with IEEE provisions 1394a-2000 Standard and 1394-1995 Standard
Features & Benefits
• Two 6-pin FireWire 400 ports, each with transfer rates up to 400Mbps
• Built with a native PCI Express chipset, no bridge chip
• Includes low profile/half-height installation bracket
• Compliant with PCI Express Revision 1.1
• Compliant with IEEE provisions 1394a-2000 Std and 1394-1995 Std
• Plug-and-Play and hot-swap compatible
• Fast and reliable FireWire expansion solution with a native PCI Express chipset and no bridge chip
• Fits into full or low profile/small form factor (SFF) systems, with a dual profile design
• Add a high-speed FireWire port to a desktop/server without any FireWire ports
• Connect a digital camera or digital video recorder to a desktop with a PCI Express slot to download photos and video
• Connect a high-speed external hard drive to a PCI Express-enabled system
|Dimensions||15 × 15 × 3 cm|